Thursday, October 23, 2008

We Celebrated Another Birthday

Recently, Brooke turned 8 years old. She's the only girl I have and while I'm glad she's growing into a young lady, I'm sad just the same. She is the happiest kid you'll ever meet. She finds good in everything and chooses to be happy. This makes her fun to be around!


For her birthday her daddy took her to a high school football game. See, I told you she finds good in everything! I happily stayed behind with the littles. The next morning I took Brooke and her friend to a pottery studio. The girls chose a flower bank and I chose a much needed spoon rest to match my kitchen. Then we headed to Cracker Barrel for lunch. Yum! Then we went shopping at the mall. I don't think we bought anything but we had a fun day together. That evening we had homemade ice cream cake. Double Yum!

I'm upset with myself because I forgot to take the camera to our Girls Day Out. But did snap a picture of our finished pottery. I can see us doing this again soon. It was quite fun!


And I forgot to mention - she got her very first American Girl doll. Meet Mia. She's an ice skater just like Brooke!




2 comments:

Amy said...

That is a VERY cool spoon rest, I love it. I'm think you should make me one for Christmas.

Darcy @ m3b said...

I love that you put the kids' pics up! So great to see their smiling faces and see you and hubby as well!

happy birthday to your big girl. 8 was hard, wasn't it?