Monday, October 20, 2008

Banana Bread

In an effort to save on the Grocery portion of our budget I've been trying to look at food and cooking in a new (for me) way. One of the things I had been wanting to do is use up the last few pieces of fruit in the bowl that seem to linger there.

I've been intending to catch the lingering bAnAnA's before they turn into a fruit fly haven and make some Banana Bread. I finally did it. My always-eager-to-help-in-the-kitchen helper decided we should pretend "cooking show". That's just what we did. Paula Dean and Sons, BEWARE!



The plan was to have it for breakfast. But the aroma tempted some weak after-schoolers and a couple of pretenders. There was very little left for breakfast.

But our budget and our bellies were happy and that's what really matters!

2 comments:

Amy said...

mmmmmmmmm, that sounds good. Wish I lived next door and I would've come to let you share with me.

flmom said...

Banana bread (or muffins) never makes it until breakfast here either. Usually my boys are standing by the stove watching the oven timer count down. LOL