Thursday, April 30, 2009

Here's What We've Been Up To...



Meet Christy, our new house.  Our FIRST house.  We began seriously looking right after Christmas.  We were with our realtor every.single.week through March when we finally found this one.  She has everything on our wishlist except a finished basement - which we can do when we save up the cash (read- never).  We'll use the basement for storage, winter play and of course, my main reason for wanting a basement, storm shelter.

Christy is 16 years old.  A little older than we had wanted but just a few cosmetic upgrades and she'll  be perfect.  So far, we painted the family room and the kitchen, had all new appliances delivered, removed wallpaper in the dining room, taped off the living room and foyer for paint, and met all the nieghbors. 

I can't wait to move.  We're waiting until school is out since it's a different district than the house we are renting.  We can't wait to get moved, find our church home and put down some roots here.  So much has changed this past year.  The Lord certainly answers prayers but sometimes in ways we never would have imagined or even chosen.  Good thing He knows what's best for us!

Speaking of change, I believe I will be homeschooling Brooke, Benjamin and Bradley next year.  I've missed it so much.  Brooke has enjoyed school and has done exceptionally well (which really calmed my homeschooling fears - nothing like success to feel validated) but she says she would rather be homeschooled.  Blake, on the other hand, really wants to stay in school.  He, too, is doing great.  I wish he would have the desire to come back home but I suppose 6 years at home with mom is enough.  I'm excited to get back to it with the younger ones though.  It gives me something to do during the day!

I guess that it's for an update.  I'll probably be posting a lot about the house and all the work we're doing to make it our own.  

Now, tell me - Do you name your house?



3 comments:

Amy said...

your strange - my house is called "home"

Darcy @ m3b said...

Congrats on your new home! Great news!

Nicole said...

Um, can't say that I have ever named our house but Christy looks great. Congrats on your new Christy!? That doesn't sound right but you know what I mean. :)