Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Chandy Makeover

The dining room in our house has a nice little chandelier that was circa early 1990's and gold. Yep, gold. Enough said, right? We finally got around to painting the room (applesauce cake) and it became even more evident that something had to be done about the chandy. Replacing it is not an option right now. Besides, it has good bones. I picked up a can a spray paint. Hung the light by a tree limb and started spraying. Here's how it turned out:



I LOVE it so much! I need to figure out what to do about the candle covers. They are pretty cheap to replace but I don't know what color to use. I've seen someone around blog land recently that covered theirs in scrapbook paper. I might try that. I'm also considering little shades. I decided leaving the jewelry off for now. Having the chandy cream kind of made the jewels blend in too much.

I'm glad I tried the spray paint instead of replacing the light. Spray paint really is your friend!

No comments: